Quote To My Younger Self

The last two and a half years just have flown by. I remember the day I stepped on those stairs I thought life would change at that exact moment. And it kind of did. But not at that very moment. Life changed as the time past. It is funny how I thought this one particular thing could change the way I was. At the beginning I sure did try to be someone I wasn't meant to be but as time past I realized that pretending to be someone else to be someone at all wasn't the right thing for me. If I had accepted sooner that being myself is enough I would have been happier and it would have saved me countless nights in which I questioned everything. It broke me sometimes. But I always stood up and picked all those broken pieces up and glued them together. The imperfections are visible still but I don't care anymore. They remind me not to fall again.
You think you know who you are but really you can't know that. We are constantly evolving ourselves so how can we define ourselves when there isn't much to define? And that is good. Because if I look back who I was two and a half years ago it makes me sad and I am happy I am no longer this vulnerable little thing anymore. I am still not the strongest person I can be, I still get hurt but that doesn't matter. Because I have improved myself and the most important thing is I will continue to improve myself so I can be the best version of myself imaginably.
If I could I would tell my two and a half years younger self not to try to be someone else. As cliché as it might sound stay true to yourself no matter how you look or how you act. In the end you don't want to have waisted your life being someone you are not!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts