Book Review | The Raven Boys

Picture taken by me. Go check my Instagram out for more.

So here I am writing a review about the best book I have ever read. Pretty bold statement, I know. 
But listen. This book blew my mind. 
But first let me tell you what it is about. Our main protagonist is Blue. Blue is a teenage girl whose family is psychic except her. Her aunts and mother (she doesn't know who her father is) have always told her that when she kissed her true love he will die. The story begins when her aunts, mother and her go to an old church to do some psychic stuff and Blue sees for the first time a supernatural thing - a ghost. Important to mention, the ghosts at this church are not the ghosts of already dead people but of people who will die the next year. Her aunt Neeve then says that non psychic humans only see the ghosts of whom they killed, loved or both. Blue naturally wants to find the person that ghost belongs to. From here on the story starts, and I don't want to take away too much. But let me tell you this: This book is not about a girl and a boy who fall in love. Actually there really isn't a love story at all just hints.

Now to my review. This book took me by surprise! So many people on goodreads -btw follow me on goodreads- are saying that this book is very slow and boring. But those people have no clue. Jk. Not really, tho. The Ravens Boys got me hooked from the first chapter. The whole time reading I felt as I were there physically and mentally. I cared for all the characters. I wanted to know where this story is leading. AND OMG THAT PLOTTWIST. I don't want to spoil any of you. I really don't. Because you have to experience this masterpiece by yourself.
If you are in the mood to read a a great book that will suck you in from page one this is the book.

I gave this book five out of five stars.





Kommentare

Beliebte Posts