June Wrap Up

I read only three books in June and the third I technically didn't read in June. I've just finished it but I will still count it in for my June wrap up.



The first book I finished last month was It by Steven King.
I really liked the book but throughout the whole book I did not once feel frightened. I don't know what it is with Stephen King's books I really get hooked by his writing you feel like you are in this small american town you almost feel the heat or the cold. But his horror books to me are just not scary..Nevertheless I would recommend this book to everyone because it was a great book only the ending did not really convince me. By the ending I mean the situation we as readers anticipated for from page one. I was not really satisfied by the creature called It and his backstory. It was all a bit unclear and you did not know anything at the end. Which was probably his intention but still.Long story short I liked the book for its writing, characters and feelings you had while reading. Whatsoever I did not really like the plot as a horror story. Just don't really go in expecting to be scared to death and can't sleep at night. I gave it four out of five stars on goodreads.



Than I read Rocking Horse Rode by Carl Nixon.
This book was a total disappointment to me. Not because it was a bad book not at all actually. It is a book about a friends group. One of them finds the body of a young girl who is just a few years older than them. From this moment on it is all they can think about it. They want to solve this murder and they would do anything. 
It follows these fourteen years olds but it also shows them in their adult years and how they are still obsessed with the murder case of Lucy Ahser. They even have a room dedicated to that case with pictures, news paper articles etc. 
It is a deep book that centers not only about the murder mystery and the growing up of those boys but also about the 1981 Springbok Tour in New Zealand in which the country turned against itself. 



Wicked deep was one of my really anticipated reads and I had high expectations. This of course turned out to stab me in the back. Because the book was not bad at all I just once again was disappointed of the fact that it did not live up my expectations.
The premise of the book was great. I can't deny that I was really intrigued when I heard about it. The premise sounded like nothing I had read before and it had a autumn-y even holleween-y feel to it, which I am totally a sucker for. I was just hoping it to be more of a mystery type of book. That you would be guessing who the three sisters were and so on. Thats why I found the plottwist was a bit predictable I could tell it from early on. But nevertheless it was an entertaining book after all. The love story was a bit boring and cheesy.
Shea Ernshaw has really talent. Her writing style is really vivid you can smell the sea air and taste the salt on your skin. Can only recommend!

Those were my June reads! Maybe you'll pick one up by yourself? Let me know in the comments!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts