Book Haul

I know I said I would not buy any books expect when I had read three books of my TBR pile.. Well, to be honest I don't have any excuses that really would make sense so I won't even try to justify it.
It's just I panicked a bit when I found out that my all time favorite online book store would close and I ordered a ton of books there and then I went to my local book store and there were a bunch of cool books on sale so I thought I'd buy them
So let's just dive in..


 First book is Origin by Dan Brown. It's in the Robert Langdon series which I am totally obsessed about. It is a mystery novel that centers around riddles, artifacts and symbology. The good thing about this series is that you can read it in which order you like every book has a story by itself.



I picked Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman not really knowing what it is about expect norse mythology (duh). I love any thing related to the north so I was immediately intrigued by it.



Nyxia by Scott Rentgen is a Sci-Fi novel. It is not an alone standing book but the first book in a series. I honestly realized this only when I was already home. I would not have picked it up if I knew that it was a series. But nevertheless I am going to give it a try.



All the Wicked Girls by Chris Whitaker is a mystery thriller book and I think it is about two sisters. The one goes missing the other goes looking for her. I don't like knowing too much of mystery books.



Something Wicked This Way Come by Rad Bradbury is a book I ordered for autumn. If you didn't know I am obsessed with everything autumn so I start buying books for that season early on. To be honest I accumulate whole year around books for  autumn.
I know that a lot of magnificent quotes are from that book so I figured I give it a try without knowing too much about it.



Dschihad Calling by Christian Linker broaches the issue of radicalization. How radical islamists succeed to brainwash so many teens to go fight in Syria for the holy war - the dschihad- for extremist groups like IS. It is about this boy Jakob that lives in Bonn, Germany and lives a totally normal live and how he gets islamized step by step.
I expect this book to show us some inside on this issue and also to show us the differences between radical islamist ideology and the itself peaceful religion of Islam. Once I had to do a research of that topic for school and since then I am fascinated by that topic. How a whole religion suffers injustice because of people who abuse it and use it out of context just to gain power.



I Know a Secret (german: Blutzeuge) by Tess Gerritsen is a thriller in the Rizzoli And Isles Series. I didn't realize this in the store, again, but only when I came home.
I don't really watch the TV show so I don't know how I should handle that fact and what I should expect from the book.
The book is about a series of murders that is somehow connected to a disappearance  of a little girl twenty years ago. I love thrillers that have throwbacks in them!



Those were all the books I bought! They aren't as many as I thought.. Maybe I am not an impulsive book buyer after all..

Let me know in the comments if something intrigued you and if so, which book you will pick up.










Kommentare

Beliebte Posts