June TBR Kind Of

Hello guys! Welcome to my new blog post. 

So this is not really a TBR but more a "books I want to finish" and "book I have to start". My main goal for 2018 was to finish all my TBR books on my shelf. I stated pretty well but then finals season approached and I didn't read one single book.. Yes.. 
However I also managed not to buy any books so that makes the fact that I didn't read much better. 


On Friday I am taking my last finals exam for that semester. If I am going to pass all them of course. If not I have to take them all in August again. But however.. You didn't click on this post to read about my finals lol.

In June I wanna read at least three books. If I will finish more than three of my TBR books I can go buy another book.
The books are It by Steven King, Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens and Rocking Horse Road by Carl Nixon.


The first book I wanna finish is It by Steven King. As you can see it is not in English but German. I found it in a secondhand shop for only 2CHF which is a real bargain so I bought it even though it is not in English. I really try to read books in their original language but then again I love shopping second hand because a) I am broke b) it is so much more environment-friendly. And tbh with a horror book the atmosphere is even creepier when you have an old book that doesn't look that good and friendly anymore.
I am already on page 627 of 1097. So I am more than half way through. And you guys this book is soooo good so far. I almost couldn't put it down but I had to because finals *cries*. I am really looking forward to making a review on it.


Then there is my second book... Oliver Twist. I don't know if you read my January TBR but there I mentioned that I want to finish that particular book. As you can see, though, I haven't finished it yet. I haven't read such a boring book in my entire life and usually I am really down for classics. But with that book I just can't get along. I smelled the plottwist 20% in and then the writing is terrible. I have no clue if the writing is bad because I am reading it in German or if the writing is just in general ind every language bad.


The third book I want to read in June is Rocking Horse Road by Carl Nixon. If I am not mistaken the book is about a murder that happened on Rocking Horse Road a couple of years ago and everything come into a rolling just now.. Don't take me by my word, though, I am not sure but I don't really wanna know much going into it.

I am sure that I will read four books in that month I am just not entirely sure which is going to be the fourth and if I am really going to finish Oliver Twist. I am trying my best tho.

Have a nice day and thanks for stopping by!
xo

Kommentare

  1. thank you for leaving a comment! Unfortunately I don't understand it and couldn't find a translation online :(

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts