Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
It is that time of the year again. Delicious meals, cozy evenings with your family and a ton of presents. We are enjoying ourselves. We go crazy on the decoration and lights.
All that reminds me that we are privileged. Living our lives like there's no tomorrow. But on the other side of the world not that far away from us people are dying of hunger, war and catastrophes. Some little brats cry because they got the wrong iPhone and some other little kids cry because they lost their families.
I don't wanna ruin anyone's Christmas but I wanna make you aware that not all people are as lucky as we are. So the most we can do is try our best to help those who aren't that fortuned.
A lot of bad things are happening right now in the world, one thing worse and more shocking than the other. People are getting killed to show might, cities are being bombed to make war, humans are getting discriminated for their believes and ethnicity.
I am sorry for destroying your happy atmosphere. But I wanna make you aware that you are privileged. And that there are people who are not.
I am not telling you this to ruin your spirit, on the contrary. Christmas is a feast of joy, love and altruism. So why not try to make those happy who haven't got the opportunity? isn't that what Christmas is really about?
You may ask yourself but how? How can I help. I can't go to a war zone and free everyone. That's true you can't. But don't look that far. You can help the people that are near you. The few little things make a different.
In the past years refugees have come to Europe to seek peace and a new beginning but most of them are living in not so great environments because the government hasn't found better solution yet. So why not give them something instead of buying yourself that nude nail polish or those boyfriend jeans? Do you know how happy you can make those kids with something little just to show them that they aren't forgotten? You can bake something, you can give them your clothes you aren't wearing anymore, you can give them your old toys, you can go to the store and buy them something little like a flower to make their housing feel more like home.. There are a thousands of possibilities!
I don't know about you but making someone feel better and worth it makes my day. And that is the happiness I want for Christmas. I don't need anything else than the assurance that I am giving my best to make someone feel worth it and happy.

A Merry Christmas y'all!

from tumblr



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts