Why slutshaming is alright

I am in the store in front of this gorgeous dress. This skintight black dress, which shows some cleavage and leg. I love it, I imagine how it would look on me, how it would embrace my body. I grab it and head to the changing room. And I swear I already feel the stares behind my back. How the judge me. I hear the voices loud and clearly. They spin around my head like a song or rhyme.
What for is she gonna wear such kind of dress?
Oh, I know what a girl she is.
Who would wear such a dress if not for only one reason?
Her parents must be ashamed of her.
Girls who dress like that don't need to wonder when they get raped.
She is just seeking attention with that dress.
No wonder boys can't concentrate in school.
Slut.
Hoe.
Bitch.
Whore.
I turn right around and put the dress back again. Maybe they are right.

No.
They are never right. They HAVE no right.
You can act and dress the way you want.
You can sleep with as many people as you want.
You can dress yourself as revealing as you want.
You should not be afraid of your decisions. You should not have to worry at night that you could get raped or assaulted because of the way you dress or act.

Slutshaming will never be alright.
And you know what? We need to overcome that double-standart. Why can men sleep and act how they want without getting any slutshame? Don't get me wrong I don't want them to get judged nor criticized for that. But I want that female and male have the same standards. That both genders can have sex how often they want and that they can dress how the f*ck they want.

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts